What are the Closing Costs?
1. Insurance application fee, if applicable, is $165
2. Insurance premium tax, if applicable, of 8%
3. Legal fees
4. Property tax adjustment
5. Appraisal fee, if applicable
6. Mortgage interest adjustment
7. Broker fees
8. Land Transfer Tax
Here are just some of the items that need to be considered when moving residences.
1. If you are renting, provide your landlord with written notice of your moving date.
2. Transfer your account for:
3. Provide the post office with your change of address.
4. Update your address for:
Credit card companies
5. Transfer/change the address of your children's school.
6. Book moving truck.
7. Book elevators for existing and new property (if appropriate).
8. Ask new landlord, or selling agent, for location of main utility services and security monitoring information.
9. Arrange for final utility meter readings, for both existing and new property.
Remember to arrange a gathering for your new neighbours!
© 2011 Mortgage Leaders Group Inc., All Rights Reserved.